Saturday, June 13, 2009

Aftermath - Second treatment

Well, this time it was seemingly a longer "feeling bad" period, but not quite so intense as the first time. I tried to go to work on the Tuesday after (treatments on Friday). My dad drove me in, but before we even got half way I had him turn around. Took a 2 hour nap when we got back to his house. I think I need to turn off the alarm clocks for the duration. If the body wants sleep, it should get it. Felt like I was a day or 2 behind on my "chemo recovery" from the first one.
Also, I didn't do any riding the weekend of this time. The first time that Saturday bike ride may have helped metabolize all the chemo out of the body. I'll have to give it a go next time if I'm feeling up to it. Had a bad riding jones by Wednesday and dashed out for a 5:30 group ride only to have the sky oipen up with thunder and lightning.
Finally got out today for an hour and a half. Slow, but worth it. Hit the spot!
Got treatment partners lined up through the middle of September now. My brother in law set up a shared calendar and folks have been lining up to come on what I call the "cancer field trips."
Headed over to a family gathering shortly. Unfortunately Johnny's family has to stay away. One of his kids just HAD a fever and one currently HAS a fever. Can't risk the chance of infection given the WBC roller coaster ride I'm on. Good news on that front at least. Those numbers were back to the low end of normal on Monday's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment