Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tomorrow I get a sunny day

For some reason the weather gods decided it should rain on my first week out of the chemo cycle (that would be three weeks past treatment, since the cycle is two weeks). But now events are having a nice confluence (I hope I used that word correctly). I got my port out yesterday, and I'm allowed to exercise and shower tomorow. Today it's still raining, but the forecast is for sunny and 70 tomorrow. I think I've noticed a steady improvement in my riding fitness over the past week - well at least the first 4 days of it. I'll be able to get out and ride a week beyond any chemo recovery I've had in the past 5 months. I've already been ramping up my miles from my trough near the end, and mentally I've been excited to get out and ride (for a while it was as much duty as anything else). I'm hoping and expecting to feel yet more progress. Sorry to dissagree with you, Lance, but it IS about the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment