Sunday, November 15, 2009

Longest ride since diagnosis

No question I'm getting my strength back. Had my longest bike ride since I was diagnosed today. Durring treatment if I went for more than an hour there was a good chance I'd feel just wrung out afterwards, as opposed to the ususal endorphin muted fatigue. I'm definitely seeing improvements in fitness: hills that put me immediately in the red before, I now can put forth a real effort where previously I was just surviving. Most important, the fear of running out of steam is gone. Now I find myself looking forward to the next opportunity to ride.

It's far and away the thing I missed the most. Not just riding, but feeling like I had some real power and endurance while out on the bike. There's still a ways to go before I'm back on form, but I feel like I'm on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment